Firstly, if you’re here and reading this you are definitely an empath.
But I appreciate that could be the world’s shortest blog post to leave it there lol!
Maybe you’ve always known you were an empath or perhaps you have only just started to realise that you might be.
The first thing people say to me about being an empath is that they thought everyone was the same, they didn’t realise that other people didn’t feel things the same way they do. It’s quite a revelation to realise that you are in fact pretty special in being able to feel what you do.
So what is it about you that makes you different from the average person in being able to sense all that you do?
I’ve spent the last 5 years working with emotions, behaviours and feelings as well as developing my spiritual practice and working with the universe. And what I’ve learned about empaths is that there are some common traits we all share.
1. Sensitivity to other's feelings & a heightened sense of intuition
2. Finds it hard to identify what makes them happy, having spent their whole life ensuring others are happy
3. Deeply cares about others, animals, nature and worries about the future
4. People dump on her/him and then move on with little regard for the support they've received
5. She/he finds it nearly impossible to say no
6. Finds it odd that other people can't 'see' the truth
7. Frequent need to be alone to 'recharge' (lockdown has been a relief in a lot of ways!)
You are probably also very used to complete strangers telling you their life story and say things like, ‘I don’t know why I’m telling you this, I’ve never spoken about it before’.
You have probably also been told that you’re too sensitive before and that you need to ‘toughen up’. Thankfully as we move into a more balanced energy on the planet, we are seeing this mindset shift and you can read more about that in my 5 signs a corporate hangover is holding you back blog.
Your frequent need to be alone to recharge can often be associated to feeling drained or fatigued for no apparent reason. Generally speaking, this is more often than not after you’ve been around non-empaths. Completely unconsciously, a non-empath will gravitate toward you and energetically ‘dump’ their emotions on you for processing. Also unconsciously, you’re energy acts like a sponge and takes on the emotions of the other because your innate being is to help others.
You’re most likely in a job that involves helping people in some way. You might be a coach, counsellor, work in HR, a therapist or some other empathy based role. In a spiritual sense, your soul energy is aligned to serving that of the greater good.
Being in service of others is a wonderful thing but only when you are aware of your abilities and taking care of yourself. Otherwise you find yourself in the position of always saying yes, rarely putting your own needs first and in a cycle of burning out.
But when you manage your wellbeing specifically as an empath you can utilise this gift as your superpower. And then life can be an absolute wonder of technicolour beauty that you thrive on!
One of the first practices I teach my students, as I was also taught, is to cleanse and protect your energy every single day. It’s a part of my daily routine like brushing my teeth and just as essential.
1. Thank Archangel Michael for cutting away any cords of energy not belonging to you and to return them to sender with love.
2. Breathe in slowly and deeply through your nose for a count of 4. As you breathe in, visualise bright, white light coming in through your nose and travelling down to your heart space.
3. Breathe out slowly through your mouth for a count of 6. As you breathe out, visualise any heaviness leaving you and transforming into sparkles of light.
4. Repeat 3 – 5 times
5. Focus on your heart space and a feeling of love
6. Expand this feeling out from your heart to create a huge bubble all around you – I like to visualise a golden bubble of light but it can be whatever you like.
7. Thank Archangel Michael for the protection of his sword keeping your energy protected from anything draining.
If you would prefer a video and guided meditation practice to help you, I have recorded one that is available 24 / 7 in my free Facebook group – Soul Sanctuary
Being an empath is truly a wonderful experience but I know it can feel overwhelming at times, so please make sure you’re taking care of yourself.
As Buddha says, “You can’t pour from an empty cup.”
#intuitivecoach #whatisanempath #empath #spiritualdevelopment #spiritualdevelopmentforbeginners #heartledbusiness #intuitivecoaching #energeticprotection #spirituallifecoach #soulpreneur #angelguide #empathprotection #intuitiondevelopment